From: big on
Hi,
for MSSQL 2005, is pack service SP3 cumulative (should I install SP2 first
or not) ?

Thank you.
From: Erland Sommarskog on
big (big(a)discussions.microsoft.com) writes:
> for MSSQL 2005, is pack service SP3 cumulative (should I install SP2 first
> or not) ?

Service packs for SQL Server are always cumultative. You can install SP3
directly after a fresh install of the RTM version.

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
From: Uri Dimant on
As Erland pointed that Service packs for SQL Server are always cumultative,
thus there is NO need to install SP2 , go ahead and install SP3