From: Sunny on

"John Navas" <jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in message
> In the Starbucks this morning there were two notebooks, one netbook, and
> one iPad. The notebooks and netbook were all working comfortably. By
> comparison the iPad clearly wasn't comfortable for the user. First he
> sat holding it in his hands like a book. But that way he could only
> swipe with his thumbs, no typing. He laid it down flat on the table to
> type, but then had to lean forward uncomfortably to use it. I asked him
> how he liked it. He said, "It's cool, but I still need to get the hang
> of it." Or find a coffee place with tilted tables. ;)
>
> iPad: An answer in search of a question.

http://store.apple.com/au/product/IPAD_CASE?mco=MTc0MjU1ODQ

Problem solved ?

From: John Navas on
On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 23:19:15 GMT, in
<TJRUn.54$vD2.13(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au>, " Sunny"
<wombathouse(a)yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>"John Navas" <jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>> In the Starbucks this morning there were two notebooks, one netbook, and
>> one iPad. The notebooks and netbook were all working comfortably. By
>> comparison the iPad clearly wasn't comfortable for the user. First he
>> sat holding it in his hands like a book. But that way he could only
>> swipe with his thumbs, no typing. He laid it down flat on the table to
>> type, but then had to lean forward uncomfortably to use it. I asked him
>> how he liked it. He said, "It's cool, but I still need to get the hang
>> of it." Or find a coffee place with tilted tables. ;)
>>
>> iPad: An answer in search of a question.
>
>http://store.apple.com/au/product/IPAD_CASE?mco=MTc0MjU1ODQ
>
>Problem solved ?

Not that great a solution from what I've seen (the additional cost
aside) -- this morning, for example, I noticed an iPad user using one of
them. After about 30 mins he started holding it with two hands instead,
so I asked him why. He said the angle wasn't right, so he only used it
when he had to "type" (with one finger).

--
Best regards,
John

If the iPhone and iPad are really so impressive,
then why do iFans keep making excuses for them?
From: Tom on

> On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 23:19:15 GMT, in
> <TJRUn.54$vD2.13(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au>, " Sunny"
> <wombathouse(a)yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
>>"John Navas" <jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>>> In the Starbucks this morning there were two notebooks, one netbook, and
>>> one iPad. The notebooks and netbook were all working comfortably. By
>>> comparison the iPad clearly wasn't comfortable for the user. First he
>>> sat holding it in his hands like a book. But that way he could only
>>> swipe with his thumbs, no typing. He laid it down flat on the table to
>>> type, but then had to lean forward uncomfortably to use it. I asked him
>>> how he liked it. He said, "It's cool, but I still need to get the hang
>>> of it." Or find a coffee place with tilted tables. ;)
>>>
>>> iPad: An answer in search of a question.
>>
>>http://store.apple.com/au/product/IPAD_CASE?mco=MTc0MjU1ODQ
>>
>>Problem solved ?
>
> Not that great a solution from what I've seen (the additional cost
> aside) -- this morning, for example, I noticed an iPad user using one of
> them. After about 30 mins he started holding it with two hands instead,
> so I asked him why. He said the angle wasn't right, so he only used it
> when he had to "type" (with one finger).
>
> --
> Best regards,
> John
>
> If the iPhone and iPad are really so impressive,
> then why do iFans keep making excuses for them?

Why do detractors that will never buy one spend all the time bitching about
them even though they don't know anything about them. I have one it suits
my needs that's all that counts its my money and a free country. It must be
awful to be a troll for your entertainment
theres a lot more in life.

From: nospam on
In article <i087v6$lcp$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, Tom
<tc(a)comcast.net> wrote:

> Why do detractors that will never buy one spend all the time bitching about
> them even though they don't know anything about them. I have one it suits
> my needs that's all that counts its my money and a free country. It must be
> awful to be a troll for your entertainment
> theres a lot more in life.

usually it's because they have a vested interest in the competition. or
they're just jealous that they didn't think of it first.
From: John Navas on
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 15:14:41 -0400, in
<i087v6$lcp$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, "Tom" <tc(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>"John Navas" <jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 23:19:15 GMT, in
>> <TJRUn.54$vD2.13(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au>, " Sunny"
>> <wombathouse(a)yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>>"John Navas" <jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in message

>>>http://store.apple.com/au/product/IPAD_CASE?mco=MTc0MjU1ODQ
>>>
>>>Problem solved ?
>>
>> Not that great a solution from what I've seen (the additional cost
>> aside) -- this morning, for example, I noticed an iPad user using one of
>> them. After about 30 mins he started holding it with two hands instead,
>> so I asked him why. He said the angle wasn't right, so he only used it
>> when he had to "type" (with one finger).
>
>Why do detractors that will never buy one spend all the time bitching about
>them even though they don't know anything about them.

I've tried using it. No thanks.

>I have one it suits
>my needs that's all that counts its my money and a free country.

Good for you. Seriously.

>It must be
>awful to be a troll for your entertainment
>theres a lot more in life.

"The lad doth protest too much, methinks." ;)