From: steveu on
>On 7/25/2010 7:22 PM, Tim Wescott wrote:

>> Name a non-causal system ....
>
>How about getting blamed for something you didn't do?
>
>Jerry

Wouldn't it be getting blamed for something you will not have done?

Steve

From: Rune Allnor on
On 26 Jul, 05:48, glen herrmannsfeldt <g...(a)ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:
> Jerry Avins <j...(a)ieee.org> wrote:
> > On 7/25/2010 7:22 PM, Tim Wescott wrote:
> >> Name a non-causal system ....
> > How about getting blamed for something you didn't do?
>
> Before or after you didn't do it?

Before. The term "pre-emptive strike" comes to mind...

Rune
From: Rune Allnor on
On 26 Jul, 04:42, HardySpicer <gyansor...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 26, 11:22 am, Tim Wescott <t...(a)seemywebsite.com> wrote:
>
> > On 07/25/2010 01:08 PM, fisico32 wrote:
>
> > > Hello Forum,
>
> > > the Paley-Wiener criterion is the  frequency equivalent of the causality
> > > condition in the time domain.
> > > It states that the magnitude of the transfer function can be exactly zero
> > > only a discrete frequencies but not over a finite band of frequencies....
> > > Why not? Is there a more conceptual explanation for that beside looking at
> > > the integral and its derivation?
>
> > > Realizable physical system must be causal....Is that always true?
>
> > Name a non-causal system, then.
>
> Duhh  - The Tardis of course!

Would be surprised if our friends at the wrong side of the
pond would be familiar with The Doctor...

Dr Rune
From: Rune Allnor on
On 25 Jul, 22:08, "fisico32" <marcoscipioni1(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello Forum,
>
> the Paley-Wiener criterion is the  frequency equivalent of the causality
> condition in the time domain.
> It states that the magnitude of the transfer function can be exactly zero
> only a discrete frequencies but not over a finite band of frequencies...
> Why not? Is there a more conceptual explanation for that beside looking at
> the integral and its derivation?

No.

Rune
From: Clay on
On Jul 26, 7:15 am, Rune Allnor <all...(a)tele.ntnu.no> wrote:
> On 26 Jul, 04:42, HardySpicer <gyansor...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Name a non-causal system, then.
>
> > Duhh  - The Tardis of course!
>
> Would be surprised if our friends at the wrong side of the
> pond would be familiar with The Doctor...
>
> Dr Rune- Hide quoted text -

We are very familiar with Dr Who.