From: Takashi Iwai on
At Wed, 05 May 2010 12:04:18 +0300,
Artem Bityutskiy wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 11:49 +0300, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:
> > > Fixing in the way of the later upstream is a bit too intrusive as a
> > > stable patch. So, I'm also not sure whether we should take it,
> > > too...
> >
> > To be frank I do not really understand what you mean.
>
> If you meant 'let's not change it 2.6.34' - fair enough, it was already
> in 2.6.32, so there is probably no reason to hurry. But I suggest to
> still consider this as a big issue and fix as soon as we can.

Ah, sorry I was confused. I somehow thought Rusty's patch has been
already merged after 2.6.32, but it didn't happen in reality.

Then I'm for merging the changes even for 2.6.34 although it's late.
In the API side, there aren't many changes. And it might reduce the
whole binary size in the end by the use of module_parm_ops pointer,
too.

thanks,

Takashi