From: kaklis on
Hello,
I receive the following different Xml Messages from a socket:

<p_control_message serverIP="server-2" xmlns="http://test.com/pt">

<cmdReply>

<sessionList>

<session>

<id>5a62ded</id>

<subscriberId>101</subscriberId>

<subscriberName>Angie</subscriberName>

<presence>online</presence>

<note/>

<ipAddress>Some IP</ipAddress>

</session>

</sessionList>

</cmdReply>

</p_control_message>

<p_control_message xmlns="http://test.com/pt">

<cmd>

<systemMessage serverId="50" type="CRITICAL">

<message>Server server-1 is going down for redeploy!</message>

</systemMessage>

</cmd>

</pttv_control_message>

Which is the best way to make a distinction between them so that every
time my app receives the one or the other, parse them correctly?

Thanks

Antonis K.
From: Stefan Behnel on
kaklis(a)gmail.com, 27.07.2010 12:17:
> I receive the following different Xml Messages from a socket:

From a bare socket? TCP? UDP? Or what else?

> Which is the best way to make a distinction between them so that every
> time my app receives the one or the other, parse them correctly?

Use an application level protocol?

Stefan

From: kaklis on
On Jul 27, 6:30 am, Stefan Behnel <stefan...(a)behnel.de> wrote:
> kak...(a)gmail.com, 27.07.2010 12:17:
>
> > I receive the following different Xml Messages from a socket:
>
>  From a bare socket? TCP? UDP? Or what else?
>
> > Which is the best way to make a distinction between them so that every
> > time my app receives the one or the other, parse them correctly?
>
> Use an application level protocol?
>
> Stefan

From a tcp socket using the twisted framework.
Application level protocol... Such as?
From: Stefan Behnel on
kaklis(a)gmail.com, 27.07.2010 13:58:
> On Jul 27, 6:30 am, Stefan Behnel wrote:
>> kak...(a)gmail.com, 27.07.2010 12:17:
>>
>>> I receive the following different Xml Messages from a socket:
>>
>> From a bare socket? TCP? UDP? Or what else?
>>
>>> Which is the best way to make a distinction between them so that every
>>> time my app receives the one or the other, parse them correctly?
>>
>> Use an application level protocol?
>>
>> Stefan
>
>> From a tcp socket using the twisted framework.
>> Application level protocol... Such as?

Depends on what you *can* use. Do you control the sending side?

Note: giving better details helps others in giving better answers.

Stefan

From: kaklis on
On Jul 27, 8:14 am, Stefan Behnel <stefan...(a)behnel.de> wrote:
> kak...(a)gmail.com, 27.07.2010 13:58:
>

> > On Jul 27, 6:30 am, Stefan Behnel wrote:
> >> kak...(a)gmail.com, 27.07.2010 12:17:

> >>   From a bare socket? TCP? UDP? Or what else?

> >> Use an application level protocol?
>
> >> Stefan
>
> >> From a tcp socket using the twisted framework.
> >> Application level protocol... Such as?
>
> Depends on what you *can* use. Do you control the sending side?
>
> Note: giving better details helps others in giving better answers.
>
> Stefan

Well yes you are right!
I can't control the sending side.
The app i'm writing just accepts incoming xml messages. Like the ones
above.
When i receive a message I parse it and print the information.
I know how to parse both xml messages.
What i want is to distinguish them so that i can trigger the
appropriate parsing method.

A.K.