From: software on
http://www.partitionwizard.com

BenNevare wrote:

After you create a partition function and a partition scheme you can partition
03-Dec-07

After you create a partition function and a partition scheme you can
partition an existing table by dropping its clustered index and creating this
clustered index again on the partition scheme.

Hope this helps,

Ben Nevarez
Senior Database Administrator
AIG SunAmerica

"Ali" wrote:

On Monday, December 03, 2007 1:49 AM
BenNevare wrote:

After you create a partition function and a partition scheme you can partition
After you create a partition function and a partition scheme you can
partition an existing table by dropping its clustered index and creating this
clustered index again on the partition scheme.

Hope this helps,

Ben Nevarez
Senior Database Administrator
AIG SunAmerica

"Ali" wrote:

On Monday, December 03, 2007 2:28 AM
Uri Dimant wrote:

Re: convert a non-partitioned tables into partitioned
Ali
http://blogs.msdn.com/craigfr/archive/2006/11/27/introduction-to-partitioned-tables.aspx
http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/sql-server-2005/partitioned-tables-in-sql-server-2005/

On Wednesday, December 05, 2007 6:51 AM
Ali wrote:

convert a non-partitioned tables into partitioned
Hi,

we have a large database containing many tables and lots of data. now
because of the number of records we decided to use partitions.
for this we have created partition function and partition scheme. the
problem is : How can we convert non-partitioned table into
partitioned one according to a partition scheme?

in the documentation it introduced 2 methods but I don't know are the
usable or not? if they are, how can I use them?

Thanks a lot,
Ali

On Wednesday, December 05, 2007 6:51 AM
Ali wrote:

thanks but the clustered index is the primary key and there are someforeign
thanks but the clustered index is the primary key and there are some
foreign keys which are dependent on this one so it can't be droped.
and the base field which the table is going to be partitioned on that
is not primary key.

and also when creating a table if we do not have primary key , it
accepts the "ON PartitionScheme(FieldName)" but whenever we have
primary key then it says it is created on [primary] istead of the
partition scheme provided.

by the way, the field which the table is going to be partitioned based
on it is a foreign key.

Thanks again,
Ali

On 3 =D8=AF=D8=B3=D8=A7=D9=85=D9=80, 09:49, Ben Nevarez <BenNeva...(a)discussi=
ons.microsoft.com>
wrote:
his

=86 =D8=B9=D9=84=D8=A7=D9=85=D8=AA =D8=B2=D8=AF=D9=87 -
=82=D9=88=D9=84 =D8=B4=D8=AF=D9=87 -

Distributed Data Grids - Share Objects Between Windows Service and ASP.NET
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/953ed61f-e440-4ca5-8b7a-1bb00e33db07/distributed-data-grids-.aspx

Pages: 1
Prev: Change Tracking Help?
Next: Help with Query