From: Alice Wei on

Hi,

I use Linux, and I had installed PHP using yum install php. I am trying to use the pdf_new function to create pdfs from existing text files, but I get this error

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function pdf_new()

I have noticed that when I run the phpinfo() command, I cannot find the PDF phrase at all. My php.ini file does not even have these two lines

extension=php_pdf.dll
extension=php_cpdf.dll

Could anyone suggest me what kind of command I should use if I need to build PDFs using PHP on a Linux system?

Thanks in advance.

Alice

Express yourself with gadgets on Windows Live Spaces
http://discoverspaces.live.com?source=hmtag1&loc=us
From: Bastien Koert on
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Alice Wei <ajwei(a)alumni.iu.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use Linux, and I had installed PHP using yum install php. I am trying to
> use the pdf_new function to create pdfs from existing text files, but I get
> this error
>
> PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function pdf_new()
>
> I have noticed that when I run the phpinfo() command, I cannot find the PDF
> phrase at all. My php.ini file does not even have these two lines
>
> extension=php_pdf.dll
> extension=php_cpdf.dll
>
> Could anyone suggest me what kind of command I should use if I need to
> build PDFs using PHP on a Linux system?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Alice

> Express yourself with gadgets on Windows Live Spaces
> http://discoverspaces.live.com?source=hmtag1&loc=us

I like dompdf from www.digitaljunkies.ca Its a class that takes html and
creates a pdf from it

--

Bastien

Cat, the other other white meat
From: Shawn McKenzie on
Alice Wei wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use Linux, and I had installed PHP using yum install php. I am trying to use the pdf_new function to create pdfs from existing text files, but I get this error
>
> PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function pdf_new()
>
> I have noticed that when I run the phpinfo() command, I cannot find the PDF phrase at all. My php.ini file does not even have these two lines
>
> extension=php_pdf.dll
> extension=php_cpdf.dll
>
> Could anyone suggest me what kind of command I should use if I need to build PDFs using PHP on a Linux system?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Alice

> Express yourself with gadgets on Windows Live Spaces
> http://discoverspaces.live.com?source=hmtag1&loc=us

If you have pear/pecl installed you can run: pecl install pdflib

If not: yum install php-pear

--
Thanks!
-Shawn
From: Alice Wei on

[...]

I saw online at http://us3.php.net/manual/en/pdf.installation.php that I could build PDF from some extension. However, I use Linux, and I don't think this installation using dll extension supports it. I ran the code and still get this error.

Any ideas?
Thanks for your help.

Alice
--

Bastien

Cat, the other other white meat

Search from any Web page with powerful protection. Get the FREE Windows Live Toolbar Today!
http://get.live.com/toolbar/overview
From: Bastien Koert on
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Alice Wei <ajwei(a)alumni.iu.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Alice Wei <ajwei(a)alumni.iu.edu> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>

> I use Linux, and I had installed PHP using yum install php. I am trying to
> use the pdf_new function to create pdfs from existing text files, but I get
> this error
>

> PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function pdf_new()
>

> I have noticed that when I run the phpinfo() command, I cannot find the PDF
> phrase at all. My php.ini file does not even have these two lines
>

> extension=php_pdf.dll
>
> extension=php_cpdf.dll
>

> Could anyone suggest me what kind of command I should use if I need to
> build PDFs using PHP on a Linux system?
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> Alice

> Express yourself with gadgets on Windows Live Spaces
>
> http://discoverspaces.live.com?source=hmtag1&loc=us
> I like dompdf from www.digitaljunkies.ca Its a class that takes html and
> creates a pdf from it
> I saw online at http://us3.php.net/manual/en/pdf.installation.php that I
> could build PDF from some extension. However, I use Linux, and I don't think
> this installation using dll extension supports it. I ran the code and still
> get this error.
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Alice
> --
>
> Bastien
>
> Cat, the other other white meat

> Search from any Web page with powerful protection. Get the FREE Windows
> Live Toolbar Today!
> http://get.live.com/toolbar/overview

for PECL based windows installation see
http://us3.php.net/manual/en/install.pecl.downloads.php

another option is FPDF from www.fpdf.org another class

the classes are nice since they don't generally require the module to be
installed.

If you are on Linux, another option might be FOP...
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/