From: donnah1234 on
hi i'm new to excel.
i need to know have to do a formula for percentage.
example:
total sales £22.50
i need to subtract 3.9% from total sales

any help would be great

From: Paul on

If Total Sales are in A1, use:

=A1*0.961

or

=A1-(A1*0.039)

1
2
3
4
;
6
9
0
1
4
7

:

--
Paul

- Paul
Paul's Profile: 1697
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=192880

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

From: Russell Dawson on
Hi there,

Welcome to Excel.

I'll take you through this step by step so you understand fully. We will
use three cells to complete your calculation.

In A1 in put 22.50. In B1 input 3.9. In C1 this is the formula which will
give you the total sales figure less 3.9%.

=A1-(A1*B1%)

It should be pretty self explanatory, but if not please ask again.

--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.

From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
=A1*(1-3.9%)
--
David Biddulph