From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo on
Em Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 04:41:19PM +0530, Srikar Dronamraju escreveu:
> GElf_Sym for a symbol is needed to filter out based on binding,
> type, value. This will be needed to list only global binding
> functions when listing functions from perf probe.

Humm, I think it is better to store the symbol binding in struct symbol,
so that we can have the full symtab and then, on a particular routine,
decide wheter we should use it or not.

I'll cook up a patch now.

- Arnaldo
From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo on
Em Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 12:19:30PM -0300, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo escreveu:
> Em Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 04:41:19PM +0530, Srikar Dronamraju escreveu:
> > GElf_Sym for a symbol is needed to filter out based on binding,
> > type, value. This will be needed to list only global binding
> > functions when listing functions from perf probe.
>
> Humm, I think it is better to store the symbol binding in struct symbol,
> so that we can have the full symtab and then, on a particular routine,
> decide wheter we should use it or not.

One extra reason is that when we read the symtab from kallsyms, we don't
have a GElf_Sym to pass to the filter.

From: Srikar Dronamraju on

> Em Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 04:41:19PM +0530, Srikar Dronamraju escreveu:
> > GElf_Sym for a symbol is needed to filter out based on binding,
> > type, value. This will be needed to list only global binding
> > functions when listing functions from perf probe.
>
> Humm, I think it is better to store the symbol binding in struct symbol,
> so that we can have the full symtab and then, on a particular routine,
> decide wheter we should use it or not.
>
> I'll cook up a patch now.

Okay, Please keep me in loop on that patch so that I can update this
patch accordingly.

--
Thanks and Regards
Srikar