From: Borislav Petkov on
From: Steven Rostedt <rostedt(a)goodmis.org>
Date: Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 06:18:43PM -0400

Hi Steven,

> I'm actually working on making a libparsevent.a that does some of what
> you are doing.
>
> The idea is, if I can separate out this code from perf, I can then bring
> it up to speed with what I have in trace-cmd.

Ok this is good. I moved those to a generic place only because
perf/util/parse-events.c pulled them out as a build dependency but all
the trace events parsing code should be a library-like since it can very
much be reused by a lot of other tools.

We should sync our stuff then, after you've moved those to
tools/lib/trace/ or somewhere similar, and I can rebase my stuff on top. Or
maybe you have a better idea, please keep me posted so that we don't step on
each other's toes.

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Advanced Micro Devices GmbH
Einsteinring 24, 85609 Dornach
General Managers: Alberto Bozzo, Andrew Bowd
Registration: Dornach, Gemeinde Aschheim, Landkreis Muenchen
Registergericht Muenchen, HRB Nr. 43632