From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo on
Em Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 11:26:44AM +0530, Srikar Dronamraju escreveu:
> > > Show all potential probes in a process by pid 21106 across all dsos
> > > # perf probe -S -p 21106 | tail

> > Again, a file based interface would be much more useful. E.g. what
> > possible probe points do I have in my qemu binary.

> Right, Currently perf probe needs -p option because it depend on
> thread->map_groups for listing the dsos and its functions.

> I am not sure if perf already has ability to list functions in a file
> esp if we dont have dwarf information in that file. If perf has the
> ability I will reuse it here or will try implementing one.

> Arnaldo, Do you know offhand if perf already has the ability to list
> functions in a file (with / without dwarf info).

Definetely, it actually doesn't use DWARF at all, its just the
symtabs that are used. It prefers -debuginfo packages because those have
richer symtabs, but if just the stripped file is used it will try to use
..dynsym, etc.

Look at tools/perf/builtin-test.c, it has a regression test for the
symbol lib, should be enough.

- Arnaldo