From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo on
Em Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 09:25:01PM +0200, Stephane Eranian escreveu:
> This patch adds the ability to specify an alternate directory
> to store the buildid cache (buildids, copy of binaries). By
> default, it is hardcoded to $HOME/.debug. This directory
> contains immutable data. The layout of the directory is such
> that no conflicts in filenames are possible. A modification
> in a file, yields a different buildid and thus a different
> location in the subdir hierarchy.

There are some minor nits about coding style and that tolower part that
seems to be better suited for being in a separate patch with a separate
explanation as to why it is needed (is it really?), but yeah, that is a
worthy change and I'll test and merge it, thanks!

- Arnaldo
From: Stephane Eranian on
On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 10:20 PM, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
<acme(a)infradead.org> wrote:
> Em Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 09:25:01PM +0200, Stephane Eranian escreveu:
>> This patch adds the ability to specify an alternate directory
>> to store the buildid cache (buildids, copy of binaries). By
>> default, it is hardcoded to $HOME/.debug. This directory
>> contains immutable data. The layout of the directory is such
>> that no conflicts in filenames are possible. A modification
>> in a file, yields a different buildid and thus a different
>> location in the subdir hierarchy.
>
> There are some minor nits about coding style and that tolower part that
> seems to be better suited for being in a separate patch with a separate
> explanation as to why it is needed (is it really?), but yeah, that is a
> worthy change and I'll test and merge it, thanks!

The tolower() is needed (at least I think) because pathname are case
sensitive, the rest isn't in this config file so far.

Thanks for your consideration.