From: Masami Hiramatsu on
Hi Stephane,

Stephane Eranian wrote:
> On Ubuntu 9.10, the elfutils/libdw package is 0.141, yet it is
> not sufficient to compile util/probe-finder.c as it uses a type,
> namely Dwarf_CFI, which is introduced sometime after version 0.141.
>
> This patch updates the libdwarf test in the Makefile to check
> for the definition of Dwarf_CFI. If is is not there, the test
> fails and dwarf support is disabled.
>
> It is not clear to me which version introduces Dwarf_CFI,
> thus I adjusted the version message to 0.142, could be more
> recent.

Yeah, I see. I had sent a fix patch which just ignores Dwarf_CFI
related code if the libdw version is younger than supporting it.
Could you try the patch here?

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/98216/

Thank you,

--
Masami Hiramatsu
e-mail: mhiramat(a)redhat.com
From: Stephane Eranian on
On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 9:24 PM, Masami Hiramatsu <mhiramat(a)redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi Stephane,
>
> Stephane Eranian wrote:
>> On Ubuntu 9.10, the elfutils/libdw package is 0.141, yet it is
>> not sufficient to compile util/probe-finder.c as it uses a type,
>> namely Dwarf_CFI, which is introduced sometime after version 0.141.
>>
>> This patch updates the libdwarf test in the Makefile to check
>> for the definition of Dwarf_CFI. If is is not there, the test
>> fails and dwarf support is disabled.
>>
>> It is not clear to me which version introduces Dwarf_CFI,
>> thus I adjusted the version message to 0.142, could be more
>> recent.
>
> Yeah, I see. I had sent a fix patch which just ignores Dwarf_CFI
> related code if the libdw version is younger than supporting it.
> Could you try the patch here?

Does compile now on Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic).
Thanks.

--
Stephane Eranian | EMEA Software Engineering
Google France | 38 avenue de l'Opéra | 75002 Paris