From: Magnus Hagander on
I notice that this patch:
http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/include/catalog/pg_proc.h.diff?r1=1.443&r2=1.444

inserts a bunch of XML related rows in pg_proc without specifying oid.
This breaks the fmgrtab generator on msvc. Most likely because I didn't
think of that case. But since all other rows in pg_proc.h contain the
oid, I just wanted to check if they're actually supposed to be withuot
oid, or if that was a mistake?

//Magnus

From: Peter Eisentraut on
Am Montag, 19. Februar 2007 10:16 schrieb Magnus Hagander:
> This breaks the fmgrtab generator on msvc. Most likely because I didn't
> think of that case. But since all other rows in pg_proc.h contain the
> oid, I just wanted to check if they're actually supposed to be withuot
> oid, or if that was a mistake?

It's intentional.

--
Peter Eisentraut

subscribe-nomail command to majordomo(a)postgresql.org so that your

From: Magnus Hagander on
On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 11:25:02AM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Am Montag, 19. Februar 2007 10:16 schrieb Magnus Hagander:
> > This breaks the fmgrtab generator on msvc. Most likely because I didn't
> > think of that case. But since all other rows in pg_proc.h contain the
> > oid, I just wanted to check if they're actually supposed to be withuot
> > oid, or if that was a mistake?
>
> It's intentional.

Could you explain why, and what the expected result is? Since I can't
find any other examples of people doing it :-)

(will fix the vc stuff, of course, but still interested in knowing)

//Magnus

subscribe-nomail command to majordomo(a)postgresql.org so that your

From: Tom Lane on
Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(a)gmx.net> writes:
> Am Montag, 19. Februar 2007 10:16 schrieb Magnus Hagander:
>> This breaks the fmgrtab generator on msvc. Most likely because I didn't
>> think of that case. But since all other rows in pg_proc.h contain the
>> oid, I just wanted to check if they're actually supposed to be withuot
>> oid, or if that was a mistake?

> It's intentional.

Kindly change that intention.

regards, tom lane

From: Peter Eisentraut on
Am Montag, 19. Februar 2007 16:26 schrieb Tom Lane:
> Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(a)gmx.net> writes:
> > Am Montag, 19. Februar 2007 10:16 schrieb Magnus Hagander:
> >> This breaks the fmgrtab generator on msvc. Most likely because I didn't
> >> think of that case. But since all other rows in pg_proc.h contain the
> >> oid, I just wanted to check if they're actually supposed to be withuot
> >> oid, or if that was a mistake?
> >
> > It's intentional.
>
> Kindly change that intention.

What is wrong?