From: zia mohaddes on
Hello everyone,

I have a quick question regarding the form->addGroupRule. I am currently
creating a field where it requires the user to enumer a number and the
number must be a 1 decimal point ( i.e 1.2).

I am using :

$this->form->addGroupRule($field . "_group", array(array(array("Numbers
only, please", 'numeric'))));

but I am not sure how to add the 'decimal point' validation rule to the rule
above.

I highly appreciate any hints or feedback in this regard!

regards,

daniel
From: Alexey Borzov on
Hi Zia,

On 02.05.2010 13:03, zia mohaddes wrote:
> I have a quick question regarding the form->addGroupRule. I am currently
> creating a field where it requires the user to enumer a number and the
> number must be a 1 decimal point ( i.e 1.2).
>
> I am using :
>
> $this->form->addGroupRule($field . "_group", array(array(array("Numbers
> only, please", 'numeric'))));
>
> but I am not sure how to add the 'decimal point' validation rule to the rule
> above.
>
> I highly appreciate any hints or feedback in this regard!

'numeric' rule is just the Regex rule with a predefined regular expression (BTW,
it does allow numbers with decimal points). If you want to only allow one digit
after a decimal point, you'll have to do your own regexp, probably taking the
existing one as inspiration.
From: zia mohaddes on
Hi alexey,

Thank you for your response! I just googled to find out more about the regex
used in the 'numeric' function. Would it be possible for you to provide me
with an example of a sample regex used ,so I can get inspired and create my
own?

Thank you kindly for your help!

regards,

zia

From: Alexey Borzov on
Hi Zia,

On 02.05.2010 18:01, zia mohaddes wrote:
> Thank you for your response! I just googled to find out more about the regex
> used in the 'numeric' function. Would it be possible for you to provide me
> with an example of a sample regex used ,so I can get inspired and create my
> own?

Look in the HTML/QuickForm/Rule/Regex.php file, all the predefined regular
expressions are there.