From: Chris Chiasson on
Dear Mathgroup,

If one with exports something like: StyleForm[TraditionalForm[1+E],
FontColor->White,Background->Black]
as a raster format, there is a white border around the math.

I thought it might be the output cell background color, so I changed
the stylesheet to Natural Color. Exporting the expression still yields
white text on a black background with a white border. How to I change
it so that the white text appears on a black background with no border?

BTW, the output expression looks fine inside the notebook.

One way to eliminate the border is to change the global option:
formatting options -> font options -> background to black, but this
makes (AFAIK) all backgrounds in Mathematica black. Even if I set the
global option for text to white, this makes it very hard to use, say
the notation package and help browser, among other things...

Thank you for your expertise,

From: Jens-Peer Kuska on
Hi,

the white border is created by psrender, that is the
PostScript interpreter that comes with Mathematica.

I was never able to found out how the thickness of that
border ist computed and how to avoid it. Finaly I decide
to remove the white boundary from the rendered bitmap itself.

Regards
Jens

From: Chris Chiasson on
Jens-Peer Kuska,

Before posting my thread, I read where you talked about that issue - it
was part of your programming for MathGL-3D, I think.

Anyway, if _you_ haven't found a more elegant solution than trimming
the raster, maybe this is something that the developers should "fix" in
the next version of Mathematica?

.... that and SVG, which they claim works well ( see the 3rd question
from the bottom at http://www.wolfram.com/products/mathematica/qa.html
). In fact, it is infeasible to export an SVG formated graph containing
embedded fonts ...

ciao,

From: Chris Chiasson on
Brian Van Vertloo from WRI tech support had this to say on the matter
after I contacted them:

Hello,

Thank you for the email.

Thank you for taking the time to send us this report. Our developers
are aware of this issue, and are currently working on a solution.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused by this problem.

I have included your contact information so that you can notified
when this has been resolved.

Sincerely,

http://chris.chiasson.name

Pages: 1