From: TJ on
Hi,

I'm having the same error :-(

I have tried the things suggestion in this trail but still am getting no
where.

Example of dates:

01/05/2009
08/05/2009
08/05/2009
08/05/2009
08/05/2009
08/05/2009
15/06/2009

Any help?

From: Debra Dalgleish on
Check your pivot table source data range, and make sure that you haven't
included any blank rows at the end.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

From: Doug Muegge on
I am working in a pivot table and having the same issue. Keep geeting a
"cannot group that selection" error when I try to group dates. I have checked
for blank rows as suggested in this thread. Help!
--
Doug M

From: Debra Dalgleish on
There are a few other suggestions for fixing grouping problems here:

From: Doug Muegge on
Thank you for the information - I have tried clearing all blanks and
converting dates based on your guidance. Apparently, I'm still not recogning
the issue - still getting error message "Cannot group that selection" -
extremely frustrating but, I'm not that skilled at Excel. Not sure what to do
next.
--
Doug M

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> There are a few other suggestions for fixing grouping problems here:
>
> http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot07.html
>

> Doug Muegge wrote:
> > I am working in a pivot table and having the same issue. Keep geeting a
> > "cannot group that selection" error when I try to group dates. I have checked
> > for blank rows as suggested in this thread. Help!
>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Contextures
> www.contextures.com/tiptech.html