From: rw9049 on
I have a pivot table with 3 months of data which takes up about 44M bytes.
I want to use this spreadsheet as a template to create a new spreadsheet
with a pivot table for the next month's data.
When I do this the new ss had roughly the same size as the 3 month ss.

Since I only have 8K rows in the new ss versus 24K rows in the old ss, I
would have thought the new pivot table would be somewhat smaller as far as
bytes.

Any ideas? Thanks
From: Shane Devenshire on
If you copied the file you might have copied a link to the original pivot
table.

Try selecting the pt, and choosing Data, Pivot Table and Pivot Chart Report
(2003) or in 2007 select the pivot table and choose Pivot Table Tools, Change
Data Source in both cases make sure the pivot table is referencing the
current workbook.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire