From: BS on
I have a strange problem I have been experiencing off and on for about a
year. Sometimes, almost at random, a bunch of programs will open on their
own simultaneously. Also, my mouse will sometimes suddenly become sluggish
or the screen pointer will sort of move up while I'm trying to scroll around
the screen. I recently discovered a series of trojans and removed them, but
I'm not sure all are gone. I'm running XP SP3 and just use Verizon Internet
Security, along with Ad-Aware and Spybot. When I had the viruses/ trojans,
I ran all three programs in safe mode until everything came up clean.
Yesterday, however, once back in normal mode and on-line, the mouse became
sluggish or the pointer moved up at times making me think there is still
something present. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Bill Sanderling