From: mouss on
David Mehler a �crit :
> Hello,
> I'm running a CentOS 5.4 machine and atempting to get postfix and
> mailman going on it. This was working prior to a complete system
> upgrade about 9 months ago, now it isn't, I'm getting an error 554
> user unknown message when the user atempts to send back the
> confirmation email to join the mailing list in this case a test list
> called test4. I'm running postfix 2.3.3 and mailman 2.1.9 installed
> from rpms. I've got a virtual mailbox domain called for this purpose
> example.com which is working fine. I decided to have a separate domain
> called lists.example.com for mailman, when the error 554 comes in
> instead of being test4-request(a)lists.example.com which would work the
> address is test4-request(a)example.com which is nonexistent. How can i
> get this to work, I think this is something simple, but two days and
> i'm not seeing it.
> My config is below.
> Thanks.
> Dave.
>
> main.cf:

next time, show output of 'postconf -n' (no you don't need to send it
unless you still need help).
> [snip]

> /etc/mailman/virtual-mailman:
> [snip]
> # STANZA START: test4
> # CREATED: Sun Mar 14 20:45:53 2010
> test4(a)lists.example.com test4
> test4-admin(a)lists.example.com test4-admin
> test4-bounces(a)lists.example.com test4-bounces
> test4-confirm(a)lists.example.com test4-confirm
> test4-join(a)lists.example.com test4-join
> test4-leave(a)lists.example.com test4-leave
> test4-owner(a)lists.example.com test4-owner
> test4-request(a)lists.example.com test4-request
> test4-subscribe(a)lists.example.com test4-subscribe
> test4-unsubscribe(a)lists.example.com test4-unsubscribe
> # STANZA END: test4

you are using non fqdn addressess, so test4-request(a)lists.example.com is
mapped to test4-request, which is then completed to
test4-request@$myorigin, which is test4-request(a)example.com. Thus your
problem.

With virtual_alias_maps, use fully qualified addresses (include the
domain part). This way, you'll avoid such surprises...