From: Patrick Chemla on
Hi,

I am trying to upgrade smoothly from qmail mono-instance to
postfix-multi-instances.

When I start the new postfix installation, I get the warning:
postfix/postfix-script: warning: /usr/lib/sendmail and
/usr/sbin/sendmail differ
postfix/postfix-script: warning: Replace one by a symbolic link to the other

and if I check the files:
ls -l /usr/lib/sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 23 jun 19 2009 /usr/lib/sendmail ->
/var/qmail/bin/sendmail
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 581869 avr 23 12:04 /usr/sbin/sendmail

Should I set the 2 linked to the same file ? /usr/sbin/sendmail ?
/var/qmail/bin/sendmail ?

What will arrive if qmail uses /usr/sbin/sendmail or postfix uses
/var/qmail/bin/sendmail ?

Whenever, postfix starts, all instances, and I can process messages. Is
this a correct production environnement?

Thanks for help
Patrick

From: Ralf Hildebrandt on
* Patrick Chemla <patrick.chemla(a)perfaction.net>:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to upgrade smoothly from qmail mono-instance to
> postfix-multi-instances.
>
> When I start the new postfix installation, I get the warning:
> postfix/postfix-script: warning: /usr/lib/sendmail and
> /usr/sbin/sendmail differ
> postfix/postfix-script: warning: Replace one by a symbolic link to the other
>
> and if I check the files:
> ls -l /usr/lib/sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 23 jun 19 2009 /usr/lib/sendmail ->
> /var/qmail/bin/sendmail
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 581869 avr 23 12:04 /usr/sbin/sendmail
>
> Should I set the 2 linked to the same file ? /usr/sbin/sendmail ?
> /var/qmail/bin/sendmail ?

rm /usr/lib/sendmail
and link /usr/lib/sendmail to /usr/sbin/sendmail (which is hopefully
the postfix sendmail)

> What will arrive if qmail uses /usr/sbin/sendmail or postfix uses
> /var/qmail/bin/sendmail ?

? Nothing, you disabled qmail I hope.

> Whenever, postfix starts, all instances, and I can process messages.
> Is this a correct production environnement?

I wouldn't think so. Why is qmail still there when you already moved
to postfix?

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin

From: Patrick Chemla on
Le 04/05/2010 10:07, Ralf Hildebrandt a écrit :
>> > What will arrive if qmail uses /usr/sbin/sendmail or postfix uses
>> > /var/qmail/bin/sendmail ?
>>
> ? Nothing, you disabled qmail I hope.

As I wrote, I am moving smoothly, means that actually the regular
traffic is still going through the qmail interface/port, and I will move
traffic depending on each domain I manage.

The idea is to separate domains on different queues, for domains with
same characteristics of traffic.

Some domains have special settings on DKIM, rate, smtp recipient
server,... so I need to check each one before I move completly.

So, should I change the links to sendmail?

Patrick