From: Jon on
Just a post test

From: denali on
> Just a post test
You may want to try a post-post test along with the pre-post test.
From: Michael Robinson on

"Jon" <No(a)on.com> wrote in message news:hgs7k5$86k$1(a)aioe.org...
> Just a post test

I've had people jump on me like wild animals and call me horrible names when
I made test posts.
There are ng's with names like test and misc.test where you can test post
to your heart's content.

From: terryS on
On Dec 30, 12:32 pm, Fred Abse <excretatau...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
..
> "Electricity is of two kinds, positive and negative. The difference
> is, I presume, that one comes a little more expensive, but is more
> durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
>                                              (Stephen Leacock)
..
While this is slightly amusing; it is IMO, just another one of those
patronising statements by people who consider themselves 'Literary and
educated' and everyone else a cut below them? i.e. If you don't
understand something make fun of it.

But people, who, when it comes down to practical everyday living don't
know the difference between an awl and a drill bit or which end of a
screwdriver is which.

The kind one finds broken down on the side of the road on their way to
a conference on say "The origins of romantic English
poetry" ............ or something equally extraneous, but are unable
to operate their wheel lug wrench to change a flat tyre!

Literature, heritage etc. all very well and very necessary (Was
listening this morning on the radio to a dialogue, by a Boston
professor on how and why we call this 'America'. After an Italian
merchant/explorer named Amerigo Vespucci, apparently!); but should
decry the worth and skills of people who CAN ACTUALLY DO THINGS,
safely and intelligently.

For example what kind of survival skills does one need when the
heating system needs replacement/repair, the breaker for the fridge
circuit has cra**ed out, it's uncertain certain whether the well is
either dry of water or the pump has burnt out? Or why does that door
not close properly?

At this time of the old year, with regards to all readers/posters and
with many thanks for the hundreds of discussions providing opportunity
for one to be able to learn from this news group.

Pages: 1
Prev: PV Freeways
Next: Long-lasting lcd display