From: Jeroen Geilman on
Hi all,

I was just alerted by standon about the fact that, while the postfix
manual claims all postscreen_* options are AVAILABLE as of 2.7, this is
not in fact true.
There is a teeny tiny notice on the announce that you need to dump the
2.8 devel executables for postscreen into your 2.7 install for it to
actually... do what the manual claims it does out of the box.

I'm not happy about this; I tend to trust the manual implicitly.

Since this situation will remain in error until the release of 2.8,
which could be some time, I recommend altering the manual references to
inform people that it does not work *out of the box* on 2.7.

J.

From: Wietse Venema on
Jeroen Geilman:
> Hi all,
>
> I was just alerted by standon about the fact that, while the postfix
> manual claims all postscreen_* options are AVAILABLE as of 2.7, this is
> not in fact true.
> There is a teeny tiny notice on the announce that you need to dump the
> 2.8 devel executables for postscreen into your 2.7 install for it to
> actually... do what the manual claims it does out of the box.
>
> I'm not happy about this; I tend to trust the manual implicitly.
>
> Since this situation will remain in error until the release of 2.8,
> which could be some time, I recommend altering the manual references to
> inform people that it does not work *out of the box* on 2.7.

Actually, postscreen was *removed* from Postfix 2.7, and I did not
have the time to update all the documentation. I'll remove postscreen
documentation from Postfix 2.7.

Wietse

From: Jeroen Geilman on
On 05/31/2010 08:50 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
> Jeroen Geilman:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I was just alerted by standon about the fact that, while the postfix
>> manual claims all postscreen_* options are AVAILABLE as of 2.7, this is
>> not in fact true.
>> There is a teeny tiny notice on the announce that you need to dump the
>> 2.8 devel executables for postscreen into your 2.7 install for it to
>> actually... do what the manual claims it does out of the box.
>>
>> I'm not happy about this; I tend to trust the manual implicitly.
>>
>> Since this situation will remain in error until the release of 2.8,
>> which could be some time, I recommend altering the manual references to
>> inform people that it does not work *out of the box* on 2.7.
>>
> Actually, postscreen was *removed* from Postfix 2.7, and I did not
> have the time to update all the documentation. I'll remove postscreen
> documentation from Postfix 2.7.
>
> Wietse

Oww.. I see. does that mean you don't advise the trick mentioned in the
release, or should that still be safe to try ?

J.