From: Stefan Richter on
Hi,

I got the following with current git:

WARNING: arch/x86/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/powernow-k8.o(.exit.text+0x1c): Section mismatch in reference from the function cleanup_module() to the variable .cpuinit.data:cpb_nb
The function __exit cleanup_module() references
a variable __cpuinitdata cpb_nb.
This is often seen when error handling in the exit function
uses functionality in the init path.
The fix is often to remove the __cpuinitdata annotation of
cpb_nb so it may be used outside an init section.

Looks like it was introduced by
"powernow-k8: Add core performance boost support".
--
Stefan Richter
From: Borislav Petkov on
From: Stefan Richter <stefanr(a)s5r6.in-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, May 25, 2010 at 04:10:03PM -0400

> Hi,
>
> I got the following with current git:
>
> WARNING: arch/x86/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/powernow-k8.o(.exit.text+0x1c): Section mismatch in reference from the function cleanup_module() to the variable .cpuinit.data:cpb_nb
> The function __exit cleanup_module() references
> a variable __cpuinitdata cpb_nb.
> This is often seen when error handling in the exit function
> uses functionality in the init path.
> The fix is often to remove the __cpuinitdata annotation of
> cpb_nb so it may be used outside an init section.
>
> Looks like it was introduced by
> "powernow-k8: Add core performance boost support".

Oh yeah, Peter pointed it out to me earlier, we have a fix already:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/102225/

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,