From: undisclosed on

Thx,

It worked for me, but partially.:confused:

%windir%\system32\rundll32.exe PowrProf.dll, SetSuspendState m2
or
rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0

trigger the hibernation process as hibermation proceeds;

But it does not stop their, my machine restarts (resumes from
hibernation, within seconds), unless I switch-off the power as soon as
hibernation completes.

The same is the case, when thru the Power Config UI, I chose the
hibernation option, when I press the power switch on my desktop.

any clues, to overcome that?

I am using windows XP, SP3

thx
jeevan

--
jnsunkersett
From: MowGreen on
undisclosed wrote:
> Thx,
>
> It worked for me, but partially.:confused:
>
> %windir%\system32\rundll32.exe PowrProf.dll, SetSuspendState m2
> or
> rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0
>
> trigger the hibernation process as hibermation proceeds;
>
> But it does not stop their, my machine restarts (resumes from
> hibernation, within seconds), unless I switch-off the power as soon as
> hibernation completes.
>

> The same is the case, when thru the Power Config UI, I chose the
> hibernation option, when I press the power switch on my desktop.
>
> any clues, to overcome that?
>
> I am using windows XP, SP3
>
> thx
> jeevan

Why are you replying to ancient threads with *no context* ?

Nevermind. Just go away and stay in your playpen, tyvm.

117.195.38.157
vBulletin USENET gateway
clamps.tigertech.net 64.62.209.26

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

From: undisclosed on

Dear sir,

I landed on the thread via a google search, and it was discussing the
exact query I had and so my query. (I was not browsing the forum per se)

I assume, I should open a fresh new thread, cause it may stand a better
chance to give me an answer

TYVM.:smile:

~g1

--