From: Rodolfo Giometti on
On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 03:33:01PM +0300, Alexander Gordeev wrote:
> Hi Rodolfo,
>
> On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:51:18 +0100
> Rodolfo Giometti <giometti(a)linux.it> wrote:
>
> > This patch adds into the PPS's documentation directory a possible
> > implementation of the PPS API (RFC 2783) by using the LinuxPPS's char
> > devices.
> >
> > This file is not just an example but it can be used into real
> > systems. :)
>
> Isn't libc a proper place for this file? This header file provides a
> generic standardized interface (PPSAPI) to the custom Linux
> implementation (linux/pps.h). I think this is just what libc is for.

You are right, but I added that file for documentation purpose also.
Just to illustrate how to implement an high level API with my simple
char device interface.

> I wanted to file a bug in Debian BTS last week to add this header to
> libc6-dev package and also push it upstream but something distracted
> me. If you agree that the header should be in libc then I can do it now.

I agree. :)

Can you please put me in Cc in your letters with the Debian people?

Thanks a lot,

Rodolfo

--

GNU/Linux Solutions e-mail: giometti(a)enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver giometti(a)linux.it