From: dg on
Thanks. removing KB979309 worked for me. I appreciate you taking the time to
help!

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
KB979309 is a Critical security update. If it's not installed, the computer
remains vulnerable to the exploits addressed by the update. Translationi:
You want it installed.

See the "How to obtain help" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979309

(1-866-727-2338; and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United
States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary.
There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with security
updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related to a
Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB979309).

Or you can...

Start a free Windows Update support incident email request:

Customers who experience issues installing Microsoft security updates also
can visit the following page for assistance:

your usual support contacts.

dg wrote:
> Thanks. removing KB979309 worked for me. I appreciate you taking the time
> help!
>
> "big anton" wrote:
>
>> the issue has most likely to do with a recent security patch by microsoft
>> (KB980232, see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980232/en-us).
>>
>> When i uninstalled it (i ignored the dependency warning for KB979309)
>> everything went back to normal and the user profiles were again
>> successfully written to and copied from the NT4 Server.
>> Someone should contact Microsoft and address this issue to them since the
>> web page related to the security patch does not list any known problems.
>> Microsoft rates the bugfix critical so automatic update will try to
>> re-install it as long as you do not disable/hide the update via wsus or
>> windowsupdate.
>>

>> big anton wrote:
>>
>> same here...
>> 16-Apr-10
>>
>> i can confirm the behaviour you mention as well as the day it first
>> occurred (April 15th). Must either have something to do with the MS
>> updates from the latest patch day or with us recently upgrading virus
>> scanners from ESET NOD32 4.0.474 to 4.2.40.10.
>>
>> any solutions yet ?
>>
>> regards, tony

>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
>> WPF Report Engine, Part 2
>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/0ad2fa61-7f0c-485f-92c9-cf3a9ee210a7/wpf-report-engine-part-2.aspx
>> .

Pages: 1