From: bahar on
hi
my operating system is win 7 and i install compaq visual fortran 6.5
on this.

i have a fortran program that belong nasa group.. my program has some
subroutines that belong to calcomp library.
i search google and i find a package names : " GrWin " that have all
of fortran graphics libraries.
this link : http://spdg1.sci.shizuoka.ac.jp/grwinlib/english/install.html

i install this package and test it but i have problem in test and it
seems that package don't install correctly.

when i run my program it has some errors by this message : unresolved
external symbol _LINPLT(a)32

there are 11 subroutine like LINPLT that are belong to calcomp library
and in my program there are 11 errors like " unresolved external
symbol _LINPLT(a)32 " for 11 calcomp subroutines.

and when i run samples of demo folder in that package , there are same
errors too. like my program " unresolved external symbol _ANY CALCOMP
SUBROUTINES "

now please view this page and help me ... why i can't install this
package correctly?
is it for my operating system "win 7 " ?
or for my version of compaq visual fortran ?

and another question is :
how can i linking a library to my program?
i search google and i find this code :
this link : http://www.oceanographers.net/forums/showthread.php?378-How-to-make-a-FORTRAN-libraryl
/***********
....step-3

To link this library into your programs, use the following command
[name(a)xxxxx]$ f77 main.F -L/path/ -lmylib
/**********

but i don't know where i must put this code in my program...

thanks ..

From: dpb on
bahar wrote:
> hi
> my operating system is win 7 and i install compaq visual fortran 6.5
> on this.
>
> i have a fortran program that belong nasa group.. my program has some
> subroutines that belong to calcomp library.
> i search google and i find a package names : " GrWin " that have all
> of fortran graphics libraries.
> this link : http://spdg1.sci.shizuoka.ac.jp/grwinlib/english/install.html
>
> i install this package and test it but i have problem in test and it
> seems that package don't install correctly.
>
> when i run my program it has some errors by this message : unresolved
> external symbol _LINPLT(a)32

> now please view this page and help me ... why i can't install this
> package correctly?
> is it for my operating system "win 7 " ?
> or for my version of compaq visual fortran ?

Very quick look-see indicates the author/packager at the site doesn't
have access to the CVF compiler so I'd venture you'll have to compile it
yourself.

From: user1 on
dpb wrote:

> Very quick look-see indicates the author/packager at the site doesn't
> have access to the CVF compiler so I'd venture you'll have to compile it
> yourself.

Look again. There is a GrWin installer tailored to CVF 6. The author
provides bat files, gwdf.bat in this particular case, to compile and
link user programs to GrWin library. If OP is trying to use an IDE, he
will have to get project settings correct. Unfortunately, since the OP
is also puzzled by a page which describes building fortran libraries on
a unix like system, I expect that he is clueless on multiple levels.

From: mecej4 on
On 7/9/2010 1:28 AM, bahar wrote:
> hi
> my operating system is win 7 and i install compaq visual fortran 6.5
> on this.
>
> i have a fortran program that belong nasa group.. my program has some
> subroutines that belong to calcomp library.
> i search google and i find a package names : " GrWin " that have all
> of fortran graphics libraries.
> this link : http://spdg1.sci.shizuoka.ac.jp/grwinlib/english/install.html
>
> i install this package and test it but i have problem in test and it
> seems that package don't install correctly.
>
> when i run my program it has some errors by this message : unresolved
> external symbol _LINPLT(a)32
>
> there are 11 subroutine like LINPLT that are belong to calcomp library
> and in my program there are 11 errors like " unresolved external
> symbol _LINPLT(a)32 " for 11 calcomp subroutines.
>
> and when i run samples of demo folder in that package , there are same
> errors too. like my program " unresolved external symbol _ANY CALCOMP
> SUBROUTINES "
>
> now please view this page and help me ... why i can't install this
> package correctly?
> is it for my operating system "win 7 " ?
> or for my version of compaq visual fortran ?
>
> and another question is :
> how can i linking a library to my program?
> i search google and i find this code :
> this link : http://www.oceanographers.net/forums/showthread.php?378-How-to-make-a-FORTRAN-libraryl
> /***********
> ...step-3
>
> To link this library into your programs, use the following command
> [name(a)xxxxx]$ f77 main.F -L/path/ -lmylib
> /**********
>
> but i don't know where i must put this code in my program...
>
> thanks ..

If you have CVF installed and point the GrWinTk install installer to the
appropriate CVF/VC directories when it asks you to locate them for
itself, here is how to compile and link, say, dspexf.f in the src/demo
directory:

df /fast dspexf.f GrWin.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib

The resulting .exe file runs fine and shows rather nice graphics.

Whether or not the rather small Calcomp library that comes with the
package provides the Calcomp plotter functionality that you need is
entirely another question.

There are a number of libraries available that purport to provide
Calcomp plotter equivalent capabilities. I have not tried any of them.

-- mecej4
From: parto on
On Jul 9, 10:02 am, mecej4 <mecej4_no_s...(a)operamail.com> wrote:
> On 7/9/2010 1:28 AM, bahar wrote:
>
> > hi
> > my operating system is win 7 and i install compaq visual fortran 6.5
> > on this.
>
> > i have a fortran program that belong nasa group.. my program has some
> > subroutines that belong to calcomp library.
> > i search google and i find a package names : " GrWin " that have all
> > of fortran graphics libraries.
> > this link :http://spdg1.sci.shizuoka.ac.jp/grwinlib/english/install.html
>
> > i install this package and test it but i have problem in test and it
> > seems that package don't install correctly.
>
> > when i run my program it has some errors by this message : unresolved
> > external symbol _LINPLT(a)32
>
> > there are 11 subroutine like LINPLT that are belong to calcomp library
> > and in my program there are 11 errors like " unresolved external
> > symbol _LINPLT(a)32 " for 11 calcomp subroutines.
>
> > and when i run samples of demo folder in that package , there are same
> > errors too. like my program " unresolved external symbol _ANY CALCOMP
> > SUBROUTINES "
>
> > now please view this page and help me ... why i can't install this
> > package correctly?
> > is it for my operating system "win 7 " ?
> > or for my version of compaq visual fortran ?
>
> > and another question is :
> > how can i linking a library to my program?
> > i search google and i find this code :
> > this link :http://www.oceanographers.net/forums/showthread.php?378-How-to-make-a...
> > /***********
> > ...step-3
>
> > To link this library into your programs, use the following command
> > [name(a)xxxxx]$ f77 main.F -L/path/ -lmylib
> > /**********
>
> > but i don't know where i must put this code in my program...
>
> > thanks ..
>
> If you have CVF installed and point the GrWinTk install installer to the
> appropriate CVF/VC directories when it asks you to locate them for
> itself, here is how to compile and link, say, dspexf.f in the src/demo
> directory:
>
>      df /fast dspexf.f GrWin.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib
>
> The resulting .exe file runs fine and shows rather nice graphics.
>
> Whether or not the rather small Calcomp library that comes with the
> package provides the Calcomp plotter functionality that you need is
> entirely another question.
>
> There are a number of libraries available that purport to provide
> Calcomp plotter equivalent capabilities. I have not tried any of them.
>
> -- mecej4

where in my source code i must write this command ?
" df /fast dspexf.f GrWin.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib "

or whether i must write this command in command window of fortran?

thx