From: Wolodja Wentland on
On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 11:48 +0100, wiso wrote:
> They sent back the object filled with data. The problem is very simple: I
> have a container, the container has a method read(file_name) that read a
> huge file and fill the container with datas. I have more then 1 file to read
> so I want to parallelize this process. The reading method is quite slow
> because it involves regex.

Take a look at multiprocessing.Manager and use one to proxy access to a
*shared* container to your container from all processes.

If your container is a dict it is as easy as:

manager = multiprocessing.Manager()
managed_dict = manager.dict()

.''`. Wolodja Wentland <wentland(a)cl.uni-heidelberg.de>
: :' :
`. `'` 4096R/CAF14EFC
`- 081C B7CD FF04 2BA9 94EA 36B2 8B7F 7D30 CAF1 4EFC