From: Polly the Parrot on
On 04/07/10 16:22, mannieP(a)BlabbingOn.com wrote:
> C'mon, a whole day without an answer. It can't be just my wife and
> myself that has this problem that came up with Google new search
> results page.

Maybe you are the only ones with this issue?

Have you tried a Google forum?

--
Worth viewing:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptccZze7VxQ
From: Ed Mullen on
mannieP(a)BlabbingOn.com wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 09:27:26 -0500, mannieP(a)BlabbingOn.com wrote:
>
>> Well, I installed the new FireFox 3.6.6. and thought it had a problem.
>> I now find Google has the problem. Google's problem came up on the
>> same day I installed the newer FF, that's why I thought it was FF's
>> fault.
>>
>> When I Google a search, it now throws me to a separate new page that
>> has a bunch of listings in a column on the left side. Those weren't
>> there before the other day. If I try a new search on that page, it
>> won't search. Nothing - absolutely nothing happens when I hit the
>> Search button or Enter. I have to go back to the main Google page to
>> start a new search. It's the same on my wife's machine, and she has FF
>> 3.5.5. on hers.
>>
>> ????????????
>
> C'mon, a whole day without an answer. It can't be just my wife and
> myself that has this problem that came up with Google new search
> results page.
>
> ?

Well, it's never happened to me. Try:

Start in Safe Mode - problem solved? If so, re-start in normal mode,
disable all themes and extensions; restart. If it's ok start to
re-enable one by one until the problem arises. That's the answer.

If that doesn't work try creating a new profile. Ok? start to transfer
your old profile data but watch out for extensions and themes.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
From: Invisible Man on
On 04/07/2010 17:14, Ed Mullen wrote:
> mannieP(a)BlabbingOn.com wrote:
>> On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 09:27:26 -0500, mannieP(a)BlabbingOn.com wrote:
>>
>>> Well, I installed the new FireFox 3.6.6. and thought it had a problem.
>>> I now find Google has the problem. Google's problem came up on the
>>> same day I installed the newer FF, that's why I thought it was FF's
>>> fault.
>>>
>>> When I Google a search, it now throws me to a separate new page that
>>> has a bunch of listings in a column on the left side. Those weren't
>>> there before the other day. If I try a new search on that page, it
>>> won't search. Nothing - absolutely nothing happens when I hit the
>>> Search button or Enter. I have to go back to the main Google page to
>>> start a new search. It's the same on my wife's machine, and she has FF
>>> 3.5.5. on hers.
>>>
>>> ????????????
>>
>> C'mon, a whole day without an answer. It can't be just my wife and
>> myself that has this problem that came up with Google new search
>> results page.
>>
>> ?
>
> Well, it's never happened to me. Try:
>
> Start in Safe Mode - problem solved? If so, re-start in normal mode,
> disable all themes and extensions; restart. If it's ok start to
> re-enable one by one until the problem arises. That's the answer.
>
> If that doesn't work try creating a new profile. Ok? start to transfer
> your old profile data but watch out for extensions and themes.

No problems with our 3 PCs running 3.6.6 on XP and Windows 7 64 bit.
Can only suggest you google it or search using another search engine if
google is causing you too much grief. Have you any less common software
on both machines?
From: Invisible Man on
On 06/07/2010 11:13, rintintin(a)noplace.com wrote:
> On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 19:09:42 +0100, Invisible Man
> <invisible(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:

>>> Well, it's never happened to me. Try:
>>>
>>> Start in Safe Mode - problem solved? If so, re-start in normal mode,
>>> disable all themes and extensions; restart. If it's ok start to
>>> re-enable one by one until the problem arises. That's the answer.
>>>
>>> If that doesn't work try creating a new profile. Ok? start to transfer
>>> your old profile data but watch out for extensions and themes.
>>>
>> No problems with our 3 PCs running 3.6.6 on XP and Windows 7 64 bit.
>> Can only suggest you google it or search using another search engine if
>> google is causing you too much grief. Have you any less common software
>> on both machines?
>
> Google has been screwed up for several months using any browser. It
> brings up a second link that you have to click on a second time. F__k
> google. I just use a different search engine. If I was to rate
> google, it would get a ONE on a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being the
> best.

Any possibility you have some malware at work? Absolutely nothing like
that here.
From: Ed Mullen on
rintintin(a)noplace.com wrote:

> Google has been screwed up for several months using any browser. It
> brings up a second link that you have to click on a second time. F__k
> google. I just use a different search engine. If I was to rate
> google, it would get a ONE on a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being the
> best.

I use Google every day, many times a day and have never had any such
problem. If you do it's your system/software.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
 |  Next  |  Last