Prev: hi
Next: Warning message
From: =?utf-8?B?TGVvbmVsIEZsb3LDrW4gU2VsbGVz?= on
I have a problem, I'm configuring a mail server with postfix, to handle local
mail, I have a mail server, in which I going to relay all the mails that my
users send, I enter to my server via telnet, and I use the command "ehlo" to
know all the option he have, this option are:

PIPELINING
AUTH PLAIN LOGIN

to send mail through telnet from the inside of my real server I have to
authenticate, authentication have to be encoded in base 64, I put my name and
password encrypted, and the authentication is successful, when i send e-mails
out of my domain they arrive to everyone, if i use a mail client, like
thunderbird, i don't have any mistake, in my mail client i use as out going smpt
my server an with the port 587 and whit any secure connexion (sasl or TLS) and
all work ok.

the point is that I configure my server with postfix, to use my mail server as a
relay, but, every time I try to send an email he give me this error:
550 really does not allow.

this means that my server don't allow any relay, but if i'm using a mail client
to send mails, and i'm sending mail via telnet on my server, how is that i can
not use my local server postfix for do the same.

I had configure my local server with smtp_sasl....., whit smtp_tls.... and with
the file of the authentication used to work with all this, and nothing work,
please anybody have an advise for me, or knows another form to do this, i sink
that the AUTH PLAIN LOGIN means that i don't have to encrypted my name an
password with sasl o tls but how i can do that,

other ask is, how can I see if my Postfix server is authenticated, or if the
authentication was rejected.

please i hope someone can help me with this, or show me a light.

From: Wietse Venema on
Leonel Florín Selles:
> I have a problem, I'm configuring a mail server with postfix, to handle local
> mail, I have a mail server, in which I going to relay all the mails that my
> users send, I enter to my server via telnet, and I use the command "ehlo" to
> know all the option he have, this option are:
>
> PIPELINING
> AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
>
> to send mail through telnet from the inside of my real server I have to
> authenticate, authentication have to be encoded in base 64, I put my name and
> password encrypted, and the authentication is successful, when i send e-mails
> out of my domain they arrive to everyone, if i use a mail client, like
> thunderbird, i don't have any mistake, in my mail client i use as out going smpt
> my server an with the port 587 and whit any secure connexion (sasl or TLS) and
> all work ok.
>
> the point is that I configure my server with postfix, to use my mail server as a
> relay, but, every time I try to send an email he give me this error:
> 550 really does not allow.
>
> this means that my server don't allow any relay, but if i'm using a mail client
> to send mails, and i'm sending mail via telnet on my server, how is that i can
> not use my local server postfix for do the same.
>
> I had configure my local server with smtp_sasl....., whit smtp_tls.... and with
> the file of the authentication used to work with all this, and nothing work,
> please anybody have an advise for me, or knows another form to do this, i sink
> that the AUTH PLAIN LOGIN means that i don't have to encrypted my name an
> password with sasl o tls but how i can do that,
>
> other ask is, how can I see if my Postfix server is authenticated, or if the
> authentication was rejected.
>
> please i hope someone can help me with this, or show me a light.

See the mailing list welcome message, repeated below.

Thank you for using Postfix.

Pages: 1
Prev: hi
Next: Warning message