From: Daniel Kn?pfel on
Hello

Im triying to create an installer using ClickOnce and visual studio 2005.
This works fine on my computer, but as soon as i start the created installer
on another pc I get the following message: "Unable to install or run the
application. The application requires that assembly EnvDTE Version 7.0.330.0
be installed in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) first."

When I now reference the assembly Envdte (Version 7.0.330.0) and include it
in the Publishing menu of VS 2005 (Application File) i get another message:
"Unable to install or run the application. The application requires that
assembly EnvDTE Version 8.0.0.0 be installed in the Global Assembly Cache
(GAC) first."

Until now, I have not managed to reference different versions of the same
assembly and include it in the ClickOnce installer. Is this somehow
possible? This would be one way to solve my problem.

Furthermore I wonder why this assembly (envdte.dll) and some others needs
to be included? I never need it in my project, I dont even know exactly what
it is doing. I believe it is used by VS 2005 but im not sure. How can I get
rid of the need for that assembly. Maybe some assemblies that are referenced
in my project reference those assemblies ( some of my references are:
DevExpress assemblies (user controlls), Microsoft.Web.Services3 und andere
wie System.Windows.Forms,
System.Web.Services etc.)
Does anybody know how to solve my problem. Im starting to get desperate. I
would really appreciate it.

Thanks Daniel Kn?pfel

From: Daniel Kn?pfel on
Hi ..The problem was a reference that needed the envDTE assembly. After
having removed that reference it works fine..

Cheers Daniel