From: SQL Programmer on
Hello:

Unlike other SQL 2005 SSIS jobs that I have created in the past on this
server, today, I had to create and use a proxy account in order to
successfully run a new SSIS job. I don't know why I had, to all of a sudden,
use this method.

The only recent change on the server or network is that the Administrator
password changed, two months ago. But, all SQL jobs have been running
successfuly since then and the SQL Server Agent has been running.

But, would this change cause me to have to use proxy accounts to run a new
SQL SSIS job?

For the credential for the proxy, I used the Administrator user as the
IDENTITY. So, if the Administrator password changes again, will I need to
change the password for the credential? I ask, because the T-SQL script that
I used to successfully create the credential contained a hard-coded password
though it is the same password as the Administrator.

Is it true that, if the SQL Server services are being started with the
domain Administrator account, it is a very bad best practice and can cause
problems like this. I don't know if this Administrator is local or domain,

Thanks!

SQL Programmer (it's just a name)