From: Laszlo Nagy on

I wrote a little win32 console application that uses libxml2. It is
working fine. If I create an .exe version, I get this error when I try
to start the program:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "MyProgram.py", line 3, in ?
File "mylib\item.pyc", line 5, in ?
ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (initlibxml2)

What is wrong here?
Thanks

Laszlo

From: Amaury Forgeot d'Arc on
Laszlo Nagy a ?crit :

> I wrote a little win32 console application that uses libxml2. It is
> working fine. If I create an .exe version, I get this error when I try
> to start the program:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "MyProgram.py", line 3, in ?
> File "mylib\item.pyc", line 5, in ?
> ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (initlibxml2)
>
> What is wrong here?
> Thanks

A quick Google search reveals a thread in the py2exe-users list:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/py2exe-users/3180430

It seems a regression since py2exe 0.6.5, already corrected in CVS trunk.
And according to another post, version 0.6.3 works fine:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.py2exe/1502

Hope this helps,

--
Amaury
From: Laszlo Nagy on
Amaury Forgeot d'Arc ?rta:
> Laszlo Nagy a ?crit :
>
>> I wrote a little win32 console application that uses libxml2. It is
>> working fine. If I create an .exe version, I get this error when I try
>> to start the program:
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> File "MyProgram.py", line 3, in ?
>> File "mylib\item.pyc", line 5, in ?
>> ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (initlibxml2)
>>
>> What is wrong here?
>> Thanks
>>

> A quick Google search reveals a thread in the py2exe-users list:
>
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/py2exe-users/3180430
>
> It seems a regression since py2exe 0.6.5, already corrected in CVS trunk.
> And according to another post, version 0.6.3 works fine:
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.py2exe/1502

Thank you. I need to downgrade until they fix the problem. :-(