From: Pierre-Alain Dorange on
I used py2app on Mac to build a package of my game (using pygame).
It works fine (better than py2exe, i can'tmake work at tht time).

But the package is very big.
The biggest "thing" is numpy lib : 19 MB !

numpy is very big and i doubt all is reallly needed

--
Pierre-Alain Dorange

MicroWar 2.0 : kill some PC
<http://microwar.sourceforge.net/>
From: TerryP on
On Sep 18, 9:28 pm, pdora...(a)pas-de-pub-merci.mac.com (Pierre-Alain
Dorange) wrote:
> I used py2app on Mac to build a package of my game (using pygame).
> It works fine (better than py2exe, i can'tmake work at tht time).
>
> But the package is very big.
> The biggest "thing" is numpy lib : 19 MB !
>
> numpy is very big and i doubt all is reallly needed
>
> --
> Pierre-Alain Dorange
>
> MicroWar 2.0 : kill some PC
>         <http://microwar.sourceforge.net/>

Excuse me, but what was the point? (id est, are you just saying this
or do you wish to ask a question?;)
From: Pierre-Alain Dorange on
TerryP <bigboss1964(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > I used py2app on Mac to build a package of my game (using pygame).
> > It works fine (better than py2exe, i can'tmake work at tht time).
> >
> > But the package is very big.
> > The biggest "thing" is numpy lib : 19 MB !
> >
> > numpy is very big and i doubt all is reallly needed
> >

> Excuse me, but what was the point? (id est, are you just saying this
> or do you wish to ask a question?;)

Sorry, it was not clear.
But i want to know if i can make the package smaller, because the total
package weight 59.4 MB just for a small arcade game.

--
Pierre-Alain Dorange

MicroWar 2.0 : tuez des PC
<http://microwar.sourceforge.net/>
From: TerryP on

Pierre-Alain Dorange wrote:
> Sorry, it was not clear.
> But i want to know if i can make the package smaller, because the total
> package weight 59.4 MB just for a small arcade game.

You would need to skip or strip out any unneeded components that are
being packed. Either by playing with how py2app sucks them up (I don't
use py2app) or by post processing the file it produces in order to
remove them. (I'm not familiar with OSX beyond the unix portions.)

On my laptop, the entire standard libraries .py/.pyc/.pyo files is
about 54M.