From: Werner Thie on
Eclipse with pydev (great debugging) does the trick nicely, free of
charge and throws in some other goodies (JScript/HTML/XML editing) too.

I use the EE for Java developer version

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-java-ee-developers/heliosr

Install pydev from Menu Help/Software Updates

After ten years of Python coding and suffering thru most of the
commercial products like VisualPython, Komodo, Wings, asf I heartily
recommend Eclipse nowadays.

If you want to stay as pythonesque as possible you could go with SPE
which uses wxPython and integrates with Blender, although this project
seems to be stalled.

Werner

From: geremy condra on
On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 11:53 PM, Werner Thie <werner(a)thieprojects.ch> wrote:
> Eclipse with pydev (great debugging) does the trick nicely, free of charge
> and throws in some other goodies (JScript/HTML/XML editing) too.
>
> I use the EE for Java developer version
>
> http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-java-ee-developers/heliosr
>
> Install pydev from Menu Help/Software Updates
>
> After ten years of Python coding and suffering thru most of the commercial
> products like VisualPython, Komodo, Wings, asf I heartily recommend Eclipse
> nowadays.
>
> If you want to stay as pythonesque as possible you could go with SPE which
> uses wxPython and integrates with Blender, although this project seems to be
> stalled.
>
> Werner

Or you could use a text editor and a terminal and spare yourself the
agony of dealing with 600MB of Java of questionable quality ;).

And don't even get me started about all the unsigned OSGi bundles that
float around in there.

Geremy Condra
From: Bruno Desthuilliers on
geremy condra a �crit :

(about eclipse+pydev)

> Or you could use a text editor and a terminal and spare yourself the
> agony of dealing with 600MB of Java of questionable quality ;).

+1 QOTW

From: Roald de Vries on
Hi Bhanu,

On Aug 12, 2010, at 4:15 AM, Bhanu Kumar wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is there any good free python IDE available in Ubuntu?

See a similar discussion at django-users mailing list:
http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_thread/thread/562189578285211

Cheers, Roald