From: shanti bhushan on
Hi ,
I want to use the python local web server.
I want to do the following activities with the server.
1. I want to change to configuration of any time ,with the help of
python script.
2. I want to log request and response for the server so ,i can use it
for analysis.

Please guide me in this respect, if this code is already avaialble
please update me.
Please guide me the design or direct me the best approach to do all
this.

Regards
Shanti Bhushan
From: alex23 on
shanti bhushan <ershantibhus...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Please guide me the design or direct me the best approach to do all
> this.

The best approach?

1. Study
2. Learn
3. Apply

There you go, the advice that keeps on giving.
From: Stephen Hansen on
On 6/14/10 9:41 PM, shanti bhushan wrote:
> Hi ,
> I want to use the python local web server.
> I want to do the following activities with the server.
> 1. I want to change to configuration of any time ,with the help of
> python script.
> 2. I want to log request and response for the server so ,i can use it
> for analysis.
>
> Please guide me in this respect, if this code is already avaialble
> please update me.
> Please guide me the design or direct me the best approach to do all
> this.

Python does not have a "local web server". Python's standard library
does include a basic server class that can handle HTTP, if you wish to
use it.

But this is not a standalone sort of server that you configure and run.
It is a piece of code in a library, you instantiate and use. You
configure it by writing code. If you would like to configure it via a
config file, you have to write that. Code to read the file, code to set
up the server class based on it, and such.

Guide you? You're asking too much. Too vague. I wouldn't even know where
to start. You really need to go curl up around the docs and spend some
time reading it-- BaseHTTPServer, SocketServer, BaseHTTPRequestHandler
are where you get all the information you are looking for.

--

Stephen Hansen
... Also: Ixokai

From: James Mills on
On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 2:44 PM, alex23 <wuwei23(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> shanti bhushan <ershantibhus...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please guide me the design or direct me the best approach to do all
>> this.
>
> The best approach?
>
> 1. Study
> 2. Learn
> 3. Apply
>
> There you go, the advice that keeps on giving.

In addition to my good colleagues sound advise:

There are many many web frameworks available in the Python world
of all things wonderful. But first, "Learn Python". Then pick a web
framework that best suites your needs and "Learn" it.

cheers
James