From: J on
On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 15:16, Terry Reedy <tjreedy(a)udel.edu> wrote:
> On 4/16/2010 9:41 AM, J wrote:
>>
>> Ok... I know pretty much how .extend works on a list... basically it
>> just tacks the second list to the first list... like so:

>> [1, 2, 3]
>
> This shows right here that lista is extended in place. If you are not
> convinced, print(id(lista)) before and after.

Thanks for the explanations, everyone...

I was just a bit confused about how .extend was working... I
originally thought that it returned a new object and linked lista to
that, but I realize that it directly manipulates the list object
instead...

I'm not sure why I got that idea stuck in my head, but it was there,
so I asked :)