From: gbotero on

hi everyone im confuse with that i have postifx 2.5.1 from rpm with vda
and mysql and dovecot virtual domains and everything is working fine but my
question is in dovecot i need to put the quota_rules for the postfix???
mean when i put quota_rule in dovecot this appear in roundcube but
calculate is wrong or i dont need to modify dovecot?? sorry for my english
im from south of colombia, good luck and bye bye
From: mouss on
gbotero(a)emailforall.no-ip.org a écrit :
> hi everyone im confuse with that i have postifx 2.5.1 from rpm with vda
> and mysql and dovecot virtual domains and everything is working fine but
> my question is in dovecot i need to put the quota_rules for the
> postfix??? mean when i put quota_rule in dovecot this appear in
> roundcube but calculate is wrong or i dont need to modify dovecot??
> sorry for my english im from south of colombia, good luck and bye bye

postfix provides no quota support. quota support is a difficult problem,
and postfix doesn't implement half-baked pseudo-solutions.

the VDA patch isn't supported here. if you're lucky, you may find
external support. The recommendation here is to not use unsupported
patches. postfix is what it is is. if you think it doesn't make you
happy, marry another girl.

dovecot is considered friendly here, so you'll get help, but if it's
really dovecot related, you'd better ask on dovecot list(s).