From: Ruth Betts Ruth on
Hi,

I just seen this post from a while back and I think it should work for me
too. May I just check - do you have any tips for working with large
databases? I am expecting an extract of about 150,000 records with only
about 15 data fields for each. I think it should read into Excel 2007, but I
want to save time by doing analysis on a sample of just 5000 or maybe 10,000.

Many thanks,

Ruth

PS I do like your quote about malice & stupidity!