From: "Michael P. Soulier" on
Hello,

Is there a way to configure postfix such that sending bulk email (ie. a
mailing list) can be rate limited by the recipient domain?

I saw in the documentation that you can control the number of concurrent
connections to the same destination, but I'd like to control the rate that the
email is delivered.

Thanks,
Mike
--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier(a)digitaltorque.ca>
--Albert Einstein
From: Wietse Venema on
Michael P. Soulier:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to configure postfix such that sending bulk email (ie. a
> mailing list) can be rate limited by the recipient domain?
>
> I saw in the documentation that you can control the number of
> concurrent connections to the same destination, but I'd like to
> control the rate that the email is delivered.

Per-destination rate delay was introduced two major releases ago.
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#transport_destination_rate_delay

Note: this inserts the specified delay after each delivery via the
named transport, over a single connection per destination. There
is no time to implement parallel delays in the scheduler.

Postfix 2.7 supports transport selection by sender address; this
allows you to implement rate delay policies dependent on sender
address.
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#sender_dependent_default_transport_maps

Wietse