From: Vladimir Vassiliev on

Hi postfixers,

thanks to http://www.postfix.org/QSHAPE_README.html I learned how to
limit rate of sending messages which arrives via smtpd.
Now I tries to do the same with locally originating (via sendmail)
messages. It seems usual recipes doesn't work.
What are the best practices to do this? Several postfix instances or
something else?

--
Vladimir Vassiliev

From: Wietse Venema on
Vladimir Vassiliev:

> Hi postfixers,
>
> thanks to http://www.postfix.org/QSHAPE_README.html I learned how to
> limit rate of sending messages which arrives via smtpd.
> Now I tries to do the same with locally originating (via sendmail)
> messages. It seems usual recipes doesn't work.

The techniques in QSHAPE_README work while Postfix DELIVERs mail,
regardless of how Postfix RECEIVES mail.

Wietse

From: Vladimir Vassiliev on

I need sender based selection so I used policy server to choose right
transport:
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = check_policy_service unix:private/policy

permit_mynetworks,

reject_unauth_destination

And smtpd_*_restrictions don't work with sendmail originating messages.

From: Wietse Venema on
Vladimir Vassiliev:

> I need sender based selection

You wrote that you learned from QSHAPE_REAME how to limit the rate
of sending messages which arrives via smtpd.

QSHAPE_REAME does not cover sender-dependent selection; and I
already mentioned that its solutions to limit the sending rate
limit are independent of how mail was received.

That said, Postfix 2.7 has sender_dependent_default_transport_maps
to override the default_transport setting, again, in a manner that
does not depend on how mail was received.

Wietse

From: Vladimir Vassiliev on

Ok, I was not clear with my first message
Here is my config:

main.cf:
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = check_policy_service unix:private/policy

permit_mynetworks,

reject_unauth_destination

master.cf:
slow_smtp unix - - n - 3 smtp

-o fallback_relay=[real_relay]

-o smtp_connect_timeout=1

-o smtp_connection_cache_on_demand=no

Policy server returns "filter slow_smtp:[dead.host]" for specific
messages (currently selection base on sender and recipient but later
I'll try also size).
This recipe works perfectly for messages arriving via smtp, and question
is how it's possible to do the same for sendmail-arriving ones?

--
Vladimir Vassiliev