From: Joe on
Hello all,
SQL server 2005 Std edition X64 SP3 CU6 running on
Server 2003 Ent Edition SP2
32 GB RAM
2 X quad core procs.
AM using a commonly available Stored Procedure to rebuild\reorg indexes
based on criterion. Unsure where the original came from but I got this copy
from the Web. Please consider this credit to the original writer and
modifiers.

I have made some slight changes to include materialized views.
My problem is on a relatively busy server the procedure will exit in the
middle of the execution with sometimes 10 databases done sometimes 40,
sometimes 5, etc.
On 5 other servers no issues.
I have watched the proc execute
THis proc is being called via a maintanence plan using exec SQL task.
Any advice, suggestions, is welcome.
TIA,
SQL execution task
exec master.dbo.usp_ReorgRebuildIndexes2
@databasename ='Client002_Cigna',
@FragCheck = 10.0,
@DensityCheck = 75.0,
@RebuildThreshold = 30.0,
@online = 0,
@runrebuild = 1,
@maxruntime =10800,
@maxdop = 0,
@MaxDaysofLog = 14

From: Joe on

Not sure how to post the text of the proc as it keeps saying post too long

From: Tibor Karaszi on
Perhaps use CMDEXEC job step instead and call SQLCMD.EXE to run this?

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp