From: JohnE on
Hello. I have an asp:Button that in the click event I would like to have it
run a javascript function (function ProteusListPrint()). I currently have
the following in the click event;

btnProteusListPrint.Attributes.Add("onclick", "ProteusListPrint()");

This is not working. Am I missing something or is this not the correct way
to reference it in the click event of the button (C#)?

Thanks... John

From: Mr. Arnold on
JohnE wrote:
> Hello. I have an asp:Button that in the click event I would like to have it
> run a javascript function (function ProteusListPrint()). I currently have
> the following in the click event;
>
> btnProteusListPrint.Attributes.Add("onclick", "ProteusListPrint()");
>
> This is not working. Am I missing something or is this not the correct way
> to reference it in the click event of the button (C#)?
>
> Thanks... John

You have server side onclick. And you have client side onclick that
works on the client side where you can access javascript on the client side.

Are you using the right onclick?
From: Alexey Smirnov on
On Apr 1, 6:08 am, JohnE <Jo...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello. I have an asp:Button that in the click event I would like to have it
> run a javascript function (function ProteusListPrint()).  I currently have
> the following in the click event;
>
> btnProteusListPrint.Attributes.Add("onclick", "ProteusListPrint()");
>
> This is not working.  Am I missing something or is this not the correct way
> to reference it in the click event of the button (C#)?
>
> Thanks... John

Your code looks correct. You need to check if ProteusListPrint() is
working properly. Try to add, for example,

alert("started");
.... code
alert("ended");

to see that it is really executed.

Hope this helps
From: Andrew Morton on
JohnE wrote:
> Hello. I have an asp:Button that in the click event I would like to
> have it run a javascript function (function ProteusListPrint()). I
> currently have the following in the click event;
>
> btnProteusListPrint.Attributes.Add("onclick", "ProteusListPrint()");
>
> This is not working. Am I missing something or is this not the
> correct way to reference it in the click event of the button (C#)?

You want to add it /before/ the user clicks the button, for example in the
Page_Load event (check If !Page.IsPostBack as you only want to add it once).
Just look at the rendered HTML in the browser to be sure it has been added
the way you intend.

Andrew

From: Andy O'Neill on

"Alexey Smirnov" <alexey.smirnov(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

>Your code looks correct. You need to check if ProteusListPrint() is
>working properly. Try to add, for example,

I concur.
The problem is that the javascript isn't working for whatever reason.

That "Attributes.Add" injects javascript which will run on the client.