From: Wombat on
I have a list of products with sales targets on one tab. The products go
vertically down the page.

On my second tab, the list of products goes horizontally across the page
(the other way round from the first tab).

Is there a way I can reference the first cell and copy the formula in such a
way that I can quickly link the other cells. Its possible to 'drag' the
formulas down or across when the original data goes in the same direction as
the new one but I cant figure out how to quickly link multiple cells if the
data is organised diffenrently.

Thanks for any help!

From: Bernard Liengme on
On Sheet1, staring in A1 I have
a 1
b 2
c 3
d 4
On Sheet2, starting in A1 I have
a b c d
1 2 3 4

Row 1 was typed in But I could have copied A1:A4 on Sheet1, gone to A1 on
Sheet2 and use Paste Special with Transpose specified
In B1 (under the 'a') I have=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$B$4,2,FALSE), this is
copied ('dragged') across the row to get the values shown
Is that what you wanted?
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme