From: "Spud. Ivan." on

Hi,

I've recently changed from php 5.1 to 5.3.2 and I'm havong problems with preg_match, because the same regular expressions used in php 5.1 are not matching anything in 5.3.2.

There are any significant changes that I should know?

I've been searching but I haven't found anything.

Thanks.
I.Lopez.

Recibe en tu HOTMAIL los emails de TODAS tus CUENTAS. + info
http://www.vivelive.com/hotmail-la-gente-de-hoy/index.html?multiaccount
From: shiplu on
For example, the following regex doesn't work.

return (bool) preg_match('/^[\pL\pN\pZ\p{Pc}\p{Pd}\p{Po}]++$/uD',
(string) $str);

Shiplu Mokadd.im
My talks, http://talk.cmyweb.net
Follow me, http://twitter.com/shiplu
SUST Programmers, http://groups.google.com/group/p2psust
Innovation distinguishes bet ... ... (ask Steve Jobs the rest
From: "Spud. Ivan." on

Is there any place where to read the changelog or something?

Thanks.

For example, the following regex doesn't work.

return (bool) preg_match('/^[\pL\pN\pZ\p{Pc}\p{Pd}\p{Po}]++$/uD',
(string) $str);

Shiplu Mokadd.im

Disfruta de Messenger y Hotmail en tu BlackBerry ¡Hazlo ya!
http://serviciosmoviles.es.msn.com/messenger/blackberry.aspx
From: "Spud. Ivan." on

hehe, but I can't find anything related to regexp. I've found something at http://php.net/preg_match
Changelog

Version
Description

5.2.2

Named subpatterns now accept the
syntax (?<name>)
and (?'name') as well
as (?P<name>). Previous versions
accepted only (?P<name>).

4.3.3

The offset parameter was added

4.3.0

The PREG_OFFSET_CAPTURE flag was added

4.3.0

The flags parameter was added

But it doesn't explain why my regexps work fine within php 5.1 but 5.3

Ivan.