From: TC on
Hi All,

I am trying to use regtlib.exe to register some .tlb files on Windows 7 and
it is failing with:

RegisterTypeLib of [filepath] failed : 8002801c

I found a few posts regarding that error but all seemed to end with a
continued request for more assistance.

Any recommendations, advice or answers?

Thanks

From: Helmut Meukel on
"TC" <getmyemails2(a)yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to use regtlib.exe to register some .tlb files on Windows 7 and it
> is failing with:
>
> RegisterTypeLib of [filepath] failed : 8002801c
>
> I found a few posts regarding that error but all seemed to end with a
> continued request for more assistance.
>
> Any recommendations, advice or answers?
>
> Thanks

Hmmm,

did you run it as administrator? (right-click, select "Run as Administrator")

AFAIK, regtlibv12.exe comes with Windows 7, did you try to use that?

Helmut.

From: TC on
For regtlibv12.exe, I receive the "is not recognized as an internal or
external command, operable program or batch file."

I am logged in with an Admin account and have run the command prompt with
"Run as Administrator"

From: Messenger on
Declare Function LoadTypeLibEx Lib "OLEAUT32" ( _
ByVal szFile As Long, _
ByVal regkind As Long, _
TypeLib As IUnknown) As Long

Public Const REGKIND_REGISTER As Long = 1

Sub RegisterTlb()
Dim oTL As IUnknown

LoadTypeLibEx StrPtr("[filepath].tlb"), REGKIND_REGISTER, oTL
LoadTypeLibEx StrPtr("[filepath2].tlb"), REGKIND_REGISTER, oTL

End Sub

From: Karl E. Peterson on
TC wrote:
> I am trying to use regtlib.exe to register some .tlb files on Windows 7 and
> it is failing with:
>
> RegisterTypeLib of [filepath] failed : 8002801c

Fwiw, the text associated with that error message is:

Error accessing the OLE registry.

Sounds permissions related, to me.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!