From: Brian Evans - Postfix List on
On 4/29/2010 11:21 AM, Israel Garcia wrote:
>>> Apr 29 08:31:49 server postfix/smtp[25835]: 270101CE0C:
>>> to=<israel(a)domain1>, relay=host1[xx.xx.xx.xx]:25, delay=545,
>>> delays=545/0.02/0.09/0, dsn=4.7.0, status=deferred (SASL
>>> authentication failed; server host1[xx.xx.xx.xx] said: 535 5.7.0
>>> Error: authentication failed: authentication failure)
>>>
>>> transport file:
>>> domain1 smtp:[host1]
>>> domain2 smtp:[host2]
>>>
>> With help from Patrick Koetter there is a newly revised SASL_README
>> document at http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html
>>
>> In your case, it seems that Postfix tries to authenticate with the
>> wrong username or password.
>>
> Yes, but it should not authenticate with this server.
>
> In my scenario, all email is sent to the relayhost using TLS without
> problem. The problem comes when I send email to a non-authenticated
> server (a server on transport_maps). It seems my main.cf is setup to
> send mail ONLY using TLS. I need to be able to sent mail in both ways.

This is because of your setting in main.cf:

> smtp_sasl_password_maps = static:login:userpasswd

This will send the same user and password to every server that supports
authentication.
Suggest changing this to a map file so that postfix can do a look up on
the host it is connecting to (as per the documentation).

From: Israel Garcia on
On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Brian Evans - Postfix List
<grknight(a)scent-team.com> wrote:

> This is because of your setting in main.cf:
>
>> smtp_sasl_password_maps = static:login:userpasswd
>>

> This will send the same user and password to every server that supports
> authentication.
> Suggest changing this to a map file so that postfix can do a look up on
> the host it is connecting to (as per the documentation).
HI Brian,

How can I change this to a map file?

thanks for your answer

regards,
Israel

--
Regards;
Israel Garcia

From: Wietse Venema on
Israel Garcia:
> On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Brian Evans - Postfix List
> <grknight(a)scent-team.com> wrote:
>

> > This is because of your setting in main.cf:
> >
> >> smtp_sasl_password_maps = static:login:userpasswd
> >>

> > This will send the same user and password to every server that supports
> > authentication.
> > Suggest changing this to a map file so that postfix can do a look up on
> > the host it is connecting to (as per the documentation).
> HI Brian,
>
> How can I change this to a map file?

For an example, see: http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html#client_sasl

Wietse