From: asd2010 via SQLMonster.com on
hi
i want to make a backup/copy of a remote SQL Server database and save it to
my local SQL Server, any one help me??
or khow a tools that do this???????

From: TheSQLGuru on
1) the remote server has to be able to see your local server over a network

2) the sql server login account on the remote server needs to be able to see
a share you create on the local server and also have permission to write
there.

3) issue a standard backup database command from the remote server to a URN
on the local server (something like
DISK='\\myserver\myshare\mysqlbackups\databasename.bak'

--
Kevin G. Boles
Indicium Resources, Inc.

From: Uri Dimant on
BACKUP DATABASE dbname TO DISK =
N'\\SQLServername\backup\dbname.BAK'

exec SRV003.master.dbo.sp_executesql N'BACKUP DATABASE pubs
to DISK =''d:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\MSSQL$BELLTOWER\BACKUP\testback.bak'''

exec SRV003.master.dbo.sp_executesql
N'BACKUP DATABASE pubs to testback'