From: rodchar on
Hey All,

I'm trying to write some SQL for a remote sql05 database and it requires me
to prefix any table names with the database name.

Is there anyway around this, kinda clutters up the sql, i think.

thanks,
rod.
From: Patrice on
Some details could help. What yo you call a "remote" server ?

My guess is that you are using actually a linked server. The prefix would
then just the name of the linked server ? What happens if you don't ?

--
Patrice

From: Sylvain Lafontaine on
I would suppose that in your connection string, you don't specify the
default database to use or something like that. You don't say how you are
writing this code, so all bets are open.

--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Windows Live Platform